Cindy Stewart chosen as 2013 Troy Distinguished Citizen.
Troy-Somerset Gazette chosen as Business Community Appreciation Award Honoree.
They and the following sixteen Community Organizations respective Volunteers of the Year were honored at the 45th Annual Community Awards Banquet on November 6 at the St. Nicholas Greek Cultural Center.
Boys & Girls Club of Troy: Rachael Powell
Emerald Lakes Village Homeowners Association: Doug Haxer
Friends of the Troy Public Library: Venus Abrahim
Kiwanis Club of Troy: Barbara Knight
Leadership Troy: Diane Claeys
North Woodward Community Foundation: Judge Kirsten Nielsen Hartig
Ridgedale Community Players: Diane Dillard
Rotary Club of Troy: Ian Anderson
Senior Home Assistance Repair Program (SHARP)- Troy: Steve James
Troy Community Chorus: Robert Darwood
Troy Family Daze Festival: Joann Donegan
Troy Historical Society: David Zuza
Troy Newcomers Club: Marie Watson
Troy Parks and Recreation: William LaRue
Troy Women’s Association: Connie Fishtahler
Troy Youth Assistance: Elliot Gold
Click on Community Awards Banquet 2013 in left hand column to view Photo Montage of the evening.
Welcome to Leadership Troy Online!
Leadership Troy Member Organizations offer individuals a variety of opportunites to get involved in the community and help people in need and our youth. A summary of when the organizations are meeting and events/fundraisers in December, January and February is shown below. For details on any of these events and for more specifics on Volunteer Opportunities please click on Organizations News.
To find out more about Leadership Troy or to join, please click on the following link About Leadership Troy or to propose a topic for a Public Forum, please contact either Jim Cyrulewski or Tom Kaszubski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-680-9411.
January 8 Troy TImeBank Training Session at 6:30PM at the Troy Library Computer Room
January 22 Leadership Troy General Meeting 7PM at the Community of Christ Church (3830 Crooks).
Member Organization Events
Leadership Troy promotes volunteerism by presenting opportunities for interested citizens to better connect with community organizations.
The following is a calender of upcoming meetings/fundraising/special events for Leadership Troy Member Organizations.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce December 5 Workplace Leadership Council Meeting "How to Develop a Super Power Memory" at Northwood University (1500 W. Big Beaver-Troy) from 8:00-9:30AM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce December 12 Coffee, News and Networking at Troy Community Center from 8:45-10:30AM.
- Troy Newcomers Christmas Luncheon at McCormick and Schmidt (2850 Coolidge-Troy) starting at 11:30AM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce December 18 Holiday Luncheon and Best of Troy Presentation at Detroit Marriott (200 W. Big Beaver-Troy) from 10:30AM-1:30PM.
- Troy Women's Association January 7 General Meeting at the Troy Community Center at 7:00 PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce January 8 Michigan Wellness Council Meeting at Oakland County Conference Center-East Conference Room (2100 Pontiac Lake Road) from 8:00-10:00AM.
- Leadership Troy January 8 Troy TimeBank Training Session at Troy Library Computer Room starting at 6:30PM
- North Woodward Community Foundation January 13 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00PM.
- Friends of the Troy Seniors January 16 General Meeting at the Troy Community Center at 1:00PM.
- Friends of the Troy Seniors January 20 Lunch and Learn "What I need to know about tax law." at Troy Community Center starting at 11:30AM.
- Leadership Troy January 22 General Meeting at Community Of Christ Church (3830 Crooks) at 7:00 PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce February 5 The Power of Email Marketing at Troy Chamber office from 8:00-9:30AM.
- North Woodward Community Foundation February 10 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00PM.
- Leadership Troy February 26 General Meeting at North Woodward CommunityFoundation Office at 7:00 PM.
- Troy Youth Assistance February 26 Teenage Sex at What Price? Cost and Consequences of Early Sexual Activity at Troy Fire and Police Training Center (4850 John R-Troy) from 7:00-9:00PM.
Fund Raisers/Special Events
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy December 13 Teen Late Night at the Club from 7:00-11:00PM.
- Community of Christ December 14 9th Annual Christmas Cooke Walk at the Church from 10:00AM-1:00PM. Toys for Tots Collection as well.
- Emerald Lakes Homeowner's Association December 17 Holiday Party for Adults at Troy Lanes (John R and Square Lake Roads) from 7:00-10:00ishPM
- Friends of Troy Seniors December 18 Heritage Band Holiday Concert at the Troy Community Center Room 304/305 from 7:30-9:00 PM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors January 6 Tax Appointments registration at Troy Community Center Friends Office from 10:00AM-1:00PM
- North Woodward Community Foundation January 11 Bonefish Grill Grand Opening Charity Event benefitting North Woodward Community Foundation at Troy Location (660 W. Big Beaver Road) from 6:00 - 8:30PM.
- Troy Youth Assistance January 15, 22, 29; February 5, 12, 19 Parenting with Boundaries at Stone Haven Methodist Church from 7:00-9:00PM
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Each Month at Kroger's program to raise funds using Kroger Plus Card.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Jeans Day Fundraising for Casual Friday.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy After School Program Underway
- Troy Newcomers Each month cakes needed for seniors' birthday parties.