Welcome to Leadership Troy Online!
While this winter has been one of record low temperatures and snow as high as the eye can see, member Community Organizations are keeping busy with events/activites.
Next Leadership Troy General Meeting is March 26 at 7PM at the Commuhity of Christ Church at 3830 Crooks .
Member Organization Events
Leadership Troy Member Organizations offer individuals a variety of opportunities to get involved in the community and help people in need and our youth. A summary of when the organizations are meeting and events/fundraisers in March, April and May is shown below. For details on any of these meetings/events and for more specifics on Volunteer Opportunities please click on the following link Organizations News. To find out more about Leadership Troy or to join, please click on the following link About Leadership Troy.
Troy Chamber of Commerce March 6 Gold Award Banquet: Trailblazers and Innovators at the Detroit Marriott Troy (200 W. Big Beaver, Troy) starting at 5:30 PM.
Troy Chamber of Commerce March 6 Leadership Enrichment Council Meeting--Remembering Names Northwood University (1500 W. Big Beaver Rd., west of Crooks Rd.) from 8:00 - 9:30 AM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce March 12 "Morning J.A.M. Session (Just A Minute)" at 6 Degree Burn Fitness Studios (1825 Brinston Dr-Troy) from 8:00 - 9:00 AM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce March 12 "Michigan Wellness Council: Building a Best Practice Program-Employer Panel" at Blue Cross Shield of Michigan Lyon Meadows Conference Center (53200 Grand River-New Hudson) from 8:00-10:00AM.
Troy Chamber of Commerce March 18 After-Hours Networking Event at Carrabba's Italian Grill (600 W. Big Beaver Rd.-bet. Crooks Rd. and Livernois) from5:00 - 6:30 PM. Troy Chamber Members only
Troy Chamber of Commerce March 20 Member Luncheon: You Can Kill an IDEA… But You Can’t Kill an OPPORTUNITY at Troy Community Center (3179 Livernois Rd., Room 304-305) from11:00 AM - 1:30 PM.
Troy Chamber of Commerce March 23-28 Troy Restaurant Week. Seventeen participating restaurants offering special menus throughout the week: Brio Tuscan Grille, Granite City Food & Brewery, Kona Grill, Kruse & Muer Seafood Grille, Loccino Italian Grill & Bar, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks, Mon Jin Lau, Morton's The Steakhouse, Ocean Prime, Papa Vino's Italian Kitchen, Picano's, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Shield's Restaurant Bar Pizzeria, Steelhouse Tavern, The Capital Grille, The Melting Pot, Tre Monti RistoranteMenus coming soon to www.troyrestaurantweek.com!
- Troy Newcomer March 27 LUNCHEON, Topic: Attracting More Birds to your Garden at La Marsa Mediterranean Cuisine on Rochester Rd in Troy, 11:30AM socialization, Noon Lunch
Troy Chamber of Commerce March 28 Network & Nibble presented by the Women’s Business Forum at The Village Club (190 E. Long Lake Rd., Bloomfield Hills) from 8:00 - 9:30 AM.
Leadership Troy March 26 General Meeting at Community Church of Christ (3830 Crooks) at 7:00 PM.
- Troy Women's Association April 1 General Meeting at Troy Community Center starting at 7:00 PM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors April 11 "Elder Crime Seminar on Protecting Our Seniors" at Troy Community Center (Room 304) from 9:00AM - Noon.
- North Woodward Community Foundation April 14 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00 PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce April 16 "Economic Development Forum" at Rehmann (1500 W. Big Beaver Road-Troy) from 8:00-9:30 AM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce April 23 Oakland Chamber Networking Mixer at Star Lanes (200 N. Main St. Royal Oak) from 5:30-7:30 PM.
- Leadership Troy April 23 General Meeting at North Woodward Community Foundation Office at 7:00 PM.
Troy Chamber of Commercve April 30 Speed Networking at the Lean Learning Center (200 Kirts Blvd., Ste. A-west of Livernois)from 8:00 - 9:30 AM.
- Troy Women's Association May 6 General Meeting at Troy Community Center starting at 7:00 PM.
Troy Chamber of Commercve May 7 Self Defense presented by the Women’s Business Forum at 6 Degree Burn Fitness Studios (1825 Brinston Dr., Troy) from 6:00 – 7:00 PM.
- North Woodward Community Foundation May 12 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00 PM.
- Leadership Troy May 28 General Meeting at North Woodward Community Foundation Office at 7:00 PM.
Troy Chamber of Commerce May 29 Morning J.A.M. Session (Just A Minute) at enee’s Gourmet Pizza (1937 W. Maple Rd. – in the Walmart plaza) from 8:00 – 9:00 AM.
Fund Raisers/Special Events
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy March 14 Teens Late Night at Club from 7:00-11:00 PM for ages 12-18. Admission is free.
Friends of Troy Seniors March 18 Spring Expo at the Troy Community Center (Room 301-305) from 10AM – 2:00 PM.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy March 23 Open House at the Club from 2:00-5:00PM.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy March 28 Teens Late Night at Club from 7:00-11:00 PM for ages 12-18. Admission is free.
- Troy Youth Assistance April 16 Annual Youth Recognition Awards Program at Troy High School.
- Friends of Troy Seniors April 29 On Site Document Shredding at North parking lot of Troy Community Center from 9:00 - 10:00 AM. Fee of $2 to shred 3 to 4 boxes for private individuals.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce April 29 Nonprofit Management Conference at Walsh College (3838 Livernois-Troy) from 8:00 AM- 3:00 PM.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Each Month at Kroger's, program to raise funds using Kroger Plus Card.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Jeans Day Fundraising for Casual Friday.
- Friends of Troy Seniors Income Tax Return Appointments are available. Call 248-526-2608 to schedule.
- Troy Womens' Association April 15 Women's Scholarship Award Application Deadline.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Online registration for the Summer Program has launched March 3 and provides members with a discounted rate of $300 per child as a reward for taking advantage of the early registration opportunity. Links to the online registration tools will be available at www.bgctroy.org as well as on the Club's Facebook page. The traditional in-person registration will be available at the Club after April 27 at a rate of $350 per child .
- Troy Newcomers Each month cakes needed for seniors' birthday parties.
2013 Troy Community Awards Banquet
Cindy Stewart chosen as 2013 Troy Distinguished Citizen.
Troy-Somerset Gazette chosen as Business Community Appreciation Award Honoree.
They and the following sixteen Community Organizations respective Volunteers of the Year were honored at the 45th Annual Community Awards Banquet on November 6 at the St. Nicholas Greek Cultural Center.
Boys & Girls Club of Troy: Rachael Powell
Emerald Lakes Village Homeowners Association: Doug Haxer
Friends of the Troy Public Library: Venus Abrahim
Kiwanis Club of Troy: Barbara Knight
Leadership Troy: Diane Claeys
North Woodward Community Foundation: Judge Kirsten Nielsen Hartig
Ridgedale Community Players: Diane Dillard
Rotary Club of Troy: Ian Anderson
Senior Home Assistance Repair Program (SHARP)- Troy: Steve James
Troy Community Chorus: Robert Darwood
Troy Family Daze Festival: Joann Donegan
Troy Historical Society: David Zuza
Troy Newcomers Club: Marie Watson
Troy Parks and Recreation: William LaRue
Troy Women’s Association: Connie Fishtahler
Troy Youth Assistance: Elliot Gold
Click on Community Awards Banquet 2013 in left hand column to view Photo Montage of the evening.