Welcome to Leadership Troy Online!
Only six more weeks to submit nominations for the 2014 Troy Distinguished Citizen, Troy Business Community Appreciation Award and Community Organizations' respective Volunteer of the Year. Details below in the Awards Banquet section.
Leadership Troy Member Organizations provide numerous events/activites that you can attend. In the Calendar section below are those to be held in August, September and October. The organizations are always looking for new volunteers to help. Please contact them to get involved in Troy.
46th Annual Community Awards Banquet
Nomination forms for 2014 Troy Distinguished Citizen, Troy Business Community Appreciation Award and Community Organization Volunteer of the Year are available. To obtain a form that you can fill in on your computer, go to the left hand column of this page where is listed Community Awards Banquet 2014. Click on this link to take you to the Banquet Web Page. Click on the links in the Banquet Web Page to take you to the respective form. Fill out the form and email to email@example.com. You can also contact Leadership Troy by calling 248-680-9411 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request form(s). Forms can also be mailed back to Leadership Troy, 1120 East Long Lake Road, Suite 205, Troy, 48085
Next Leadership Troy General Meeting is August 27 at 7PM at the North Woodward Community Foundation Office (1120 East Long Lake Road, Suite 205). note: There is no July Meeting.
Member Organization Events
Leadership Troy Member Organizations offer individuals a variety of opportunities to get involved in the community to help people in need and our youth. A listing of when the organizations are meeting and events/fundraisers for the next three months is shown below. For details on any of these meetings/events and for more specifics on Volunteer Opportunities please click on the following link Organizations News. To find out more about Leadership Troy or to join, please click on the following link About Leadership Troy.
- North Woodward Community Foundation August 11 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00 PM. To volunteer to help at the Festival go to www.troyfamilydaze.com.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 12 After-Hours Networking Event at Royal Park Hotel (600 E.University-Rochester) from 5:00 6:30PM. Contact 248-641-8151 or email@example.com. Fee.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 20 Economic Development Forum at Rehmann (1500 West Big Beaver Road-Troy) from 8:00 - 9:30AM. Chamber Members only. Free.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 21 Coffee, News and Networking at TBD from 8:45 - 10:30AM. Free.
Friends ot Troy Seniors August 21 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 26 Speed Networking at Michigan Design Center (1700 Stutz Drive-Troy) from 8:00-9:30AM. Fee.
- Leadership Troy August 27 General Meeting at North Woodward Community Foundation Office (1120 East Long Lake Road, Suite 205) at 7:00PM
- North Woodward Community Foundation September 4 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00PM.
- Troy Women's Association September 9 General Meeting at TBD starting at 7:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce September 11 TOP of Troy at Michigan Management Center (811 W. Square Lake Rd-Troy) from 8:00-9:30AM. Fee
- Friends ot Troy Seniors September 18 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Leadership Troy September 24 General Meeting at Troy City Hall at 7:00 PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce September 23 Morning J.A.M. Session (Just a Minute) at Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt (3067 Rochester Road-Troy) from 8:00-9:00AM. Free
- Troy Newcomers September 26 Luncheon at TBD
- Troy Women's Association October 7 General Meeting at TBD at 7:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce October 16 Coffee, News and Networking at TBD from 8:45- 10:30AM. Free.
- Friends of Troy Seniors October 16 at Troy Community Center in Room 301 at 1:00PM.
- Troy Newcomers October 17 Luncheon at TBD
- Leadershipo Troy October 22 at North Woodward Community Foundation Office (1120 East Long Lake Road, Suite 205) at 7:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce October 23 In the Public Eye at Altair (1820 East Big Beaver Road-Troy) from 8:00AM-Noon. Fee
Fund Raisers/Special Events
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy August 11 38th Annual Golf Classic at Red Run Golf Club. Registration begins at 10:30AM. Lunch and practice time available. Noon shotgun start. Contact Donna Budzinski at 248-689-1687.
- Friends of Troy Seniors August 14 Summer Drop-In Ballroom Dances at Troy Community Center from 7:00 - 9:30PM. Fee. Light refreshments, coffee and soft drinks served.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy August 15 Talent Show at the Club from 3:00-5:00PM. Free
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 17-22 Troy Restaurants Week. Each establishment will have a special Troy Restaurant Week menu. Visit TroyRestaurantWeek.com for details.
- Troy Youth Assistance August 18 Troy Ploice Department Charity Golf Outing at Sanctuary Lake Golf Course in Troy starting at 7:30AM, Shotgun start 9:00AM. Portion of proceeds to benefit TYA.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy August 21 Summer Carnival at the Club from 5:00-8:00PM.
- North Woodward Community Foundation September 11-14 Troy Family Daze Festival on grounds of Zion Christian Church (3668 Livernois). Fee. Go to www.troyfamilydaze.com to volunteer and for more info.
- Troy Youth Assistance September 14 5K Walk/Run at Boulan Park (start and finish). 7:40 1/4 Mile Run for ages 12 and under. 8:00 5K Walk and Run for all ages. Fee. Awards for all age groups. Participants 12 and get medals.
Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Troy/DashthrutheDaze. Contact: Megan Cyrulewski at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-703-4959
- Leadership Troy September 18 Deadline for submittal of nomination forms for 2014 Troy Distinguished Citizen, Troy Business Community Appreciation Award and Community Organization Volunteer of the Year.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce September 18 Troy Night on the Town at various Troy Restaurants from 5:30 - 8:00PM. Restaurants provide sampling of tasty hors d'oeuvres. Contact Jaimi Brook at 248-641-0031.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy September 27 Adopt-A-Road Clean-up. Meet at club at 9:00AM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors October 7 Document Shredding at north parking lot of troy community Center from 9:00-10:00AM. Fee.
- Friends of Troy Seniors October 14 Flu Shot Clinic st Troy Community Center (Rooms 304/305) from 10:00AM-1:00PM.
- Troy Women's Association Elf Shelf Application available for November 29 show. Go to www.troywomensassociation.org for application.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Amazon Fundraiser. Go to smile.amazon.com to show your support for the Club while you shop online!
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Each Month at Kroger's, program to raise funds using Kroger Plus Card.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Jeans Day Fundraising for Casual Friday.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Natural Healing Center of Troy Partnership. Offering new patient nutrition evaluations with proceeds going to the Club.
- Troy Police Department Charity Golf Outing. Portion of Proceeds go to Troy Youth Assistance August 18. at Sanctury Lake Golf Course (1450 E. South Blvd-Troy)
7:30am arrival 9:00am Shotgun start Fee. Contact Ret. Sgt. George Zielinski (248) 229-5068 / email@example.com
- Troy Newcomers Each month cakes needed for seniors' birthday parties.
- Troy Youth Assistance Presentation of "How Smart is a Smart Phone" can be viewed on the internet at http://vimeo.com68574486.