Welcome to Leadership Troy Online!
Leadership Troy selects Sue and John Lavender as Troy's 2014 Distinguished Citizens and Kim's Restaurant as Troy's Businees Community Appreciation Award Honoree. The following 18 Community Organizations selected their respective Volunteer of the Year:
Boys & Girls Club of Troy-Mark Leonard, Emerald Lakes Village Homeowners Association-Tom Kuhn, Friends of the Troy Public Library-Kim Yanchyshyn, Friends of Troy Seniors-A. William Rhodes, Kiwanis Club of Troy-Craig Harms, Leadership Troy-Frank Boudon, North Woodward Community Foundation-Joe Semany, Rotary Club of Troy-Gerald Moore, Senior Home Assistance Repair Program (SHARP)- Troy-Mindy Sporer. Troy Community Chorus-Jill Clark, Troy Family Daze Festival-Robert Broquet, Troy Historical Society-Ward Randol Jr., Troy Learning Center Computer Lab-Curits Brown, Troy Newcomers Club-Carolyn Byl, Troy People Concerned-Michael Koehler, Troy Recreation Department-Jim Zoellner, Troy Women’s Association-Vickie Bellinger,Troy Youth Assistance-Mike Kerr
Leadership Troy Member Organizations plan and hold numerous events/activites. In the Calendar section below are those to be held in November, December and January as well as when they meet. The organizations are always looking for new volunteers to help. Please contact them to get involved in Troy.
Next Leadership Troy General Meeting is November 19 at 7PM at Community of Christ (3830 Crooks).
Member Organization Events
Leadership Troy Member Organizations offer individuals a variety of opportunities to get involved in the community to help people in need and our youth. A listing of when the organizations are meeting and events/fundraisers for the next three months is shown below. For details on any of these meetings/events and for more specifics on Volunteer Opportunities please click on the following link Organizations News. To find out more about Leadership Troy or to join, please click on the following link About Leadership Troy.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce November 12 Michigan Wellness Council Meeting at Michigan First Credit Union Community Room (27000 Evergreen Rd-Lathrup Village) from 8:30-10:00AM. Fee.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce November 12 CEO Series Luncheon Featuring Rip Rapson President and CEO of The Kresge Foundation at The Met Hotel-Troy from 11:30AM-1:00PM. Fee
- Troy Chamber of Commerce November 13 After Hours Networking at Bonefish Grille (660 West Big Beaver Road-Troy) from 5:00-6:30PM. Fee
- Troy Chamber of Commerce November 19 Economic Development Forum: A Year in Review at Rehmann-Troy (1500 West Big Beaver Rd) from 8:00-9:30AM. Free for chamber members.
- Leadership Troy November 19 General Meeting at Community of Christ Church (3830 Crooks Raod) starting at 7:00PM.
- Troy Youth Assistance November 19 Healthy Teen Relationships at City of Troy Fire and Police Training Center (4850 John R) from 7:00-9:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce November 20 Morning J.A.M. Session at Piada Italian Street Food-Troy (2038 West Big Beaver Road) from 8:00-9:00AM. Free.
- Troy Newcomers November 20 Luncheon-Sharon Therrian: Tote Bags of Love at First United Methodist Church of Troy (6363 Livernois) from 11:30AM. Fee
- Friends of Troy Seniors November 20 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Troy Women's Association December 2 General Meeting at TBD at 7:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce December 18 Holiday Luncheon and Best of Troy Presentation at Somerset Inn (2601 West Big Beaver Road-Troy) from 10:30AM-1:30PM. Fee.
- Friends of Troy Seniors December 18 General Meeting at the Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Troy Women's Association January 6 General Meeting at TBD at 7:00PM.
- Friends of Troy Seniors January 15 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- North Woodward Community Foundation Janaury 15 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at TBD at 6:00PM.
- Leadership Troy January 28 General Meeting at Community of Christ Church (3830 Crooks Raod) starting at 7:00PM.
Fund Raisers/Special Events
- Troy Chamber of Commerce November 7 Simply Shopping at Somerset Collection. Fee
- Friends of Troy Seniors November 7 Gently Used Art Sale at Troy Community Center from 10:00AM-1:00PM. Art pieces and decorative home accents accepted.
- Friends of Troy Seniors November 13 Let's Dance at the Troy Community Center from 7:00-9:30PM. Light refreshemnts, coffee and soft drinks served. Fee.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy November 21 Late Night for Teens (ages 12-18) at Club from 7:00-11:00PM. Admission free.
- Troy Women's Association November 29 Elf Shelf at Troy High School from 9:00AM-4:00PM. Admission Fee.
- Friends of Troy Seniors December 9 Santa Party for Seniors at Troy Community Center (Room 402) from 1:00-3:00PM. Co-Sponsored with American House Troy who will provide light refreshments.
- Friends of Troy Seniors December 11 Let's Dance at the Troy Community Center from 7:00-9:30PM. Light refreshemnts, coffee and soft drinks served. Fee.
- Friends of Troy Seniors December 17 Heritage Band Holiday Concert at Troy Community Center (Room 304/305) at 7:30PM. Light refreshments served at end of concert as well as cookies.
- Friends of Troy Seniors January 8 Let's Dance at the Troy Community Center from 7:00-9:30PM. Light refreshemnts, coffee and soft drinks served. Fee.
- Troy Youth Assistance January 13, 20, 27 & February 3 Anger Management at Troy Schools Services Building (4420 Livernois) in evening. Fee.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Amazon Fundraiser. Go to smile.amazon.com to show your support for the Club while you shop online!
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Each Month at Kroger's, program to raise funds using Kroger Plus Card.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Jeans Day Fundraising for Casual Friday.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Natural Healing Center of Troy Partnership. Offering new patient nutrition evaluations with proceeds going to the Club.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Ridley's Fundraiser. On occasion, some of the baked goods end up as "misfits". Patrons who want a "misfit" baked good are asked to donate a minimum of $1.00 per item. All proceeds from these donations will go to the Boys & Girls Club of Troy.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Olive Garden Fundraiser at Rochester Hills location (2615 Rochester Road) from now through November 9. Guests invited to join Olive Garden in supporting America's youth by rounding up their checks to the nearest dollar.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Family Dollar Holiday Season Fundraiser at Madison Heights (1419 West 14 Mile) and Warren (2212 East 14 Mile) stores. Make donation at checkout.
- Troy Newcomers Each month cakes needed for seniors' birthday parties.
- Troy Youth Assistance Presentation of "How Smart is a Smart Phone" can be viewed on the internet at http://vimeo.com68574486.