Welcome to Leadership Troy Online!
Summer is here and its time for people to step forward and submit nominations for the 2014 Troy Distinguished Citizen, Troy Business Community Appreciation Award and Community Organizations' respective Volunteer of the Year. Details below in the Awards Banquet section.
Leadership Troy Member Organizations provide numerous events/activites that you can attend. In the Calendar section below are those to be held in July, August and September. The organizations are always looking for new volunteers to help. Please contact them to get involved in Troy.
46th Annual Community Awards Banquet
Nomination forms for 2014 Troy Distinguished Citizen, Troy Business Community Appreciation Award and Community Organization Volunteer of the Year are available. To obtain a form that you can fill in on your computer, go to the left hand column of this page where is listed Community Awards Banquet 2014. Click on this link to take you to the Banquet Web Page. Click on the links in the Banquet Web Page to take you to the respective form. Fill out the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Leadership Troy by calling 248-680-9411 or emailing email@example.com to request form(s). Forms can also be mailed back to Leadership Troy, 1120 East Long Lake Road, Suite 205, Troy, 48085
Next Leadership Troy General Meeting is August 27 at 7PM at the North Woodward Community Foundation Office (1120 East Long Lake Road, Suite 205). note: There is no July Meeting.
Member Organization Events
Leadership Troy Member Organizations offer individuals a variety of opportunities to get involved in the community to help people in need and our youth. A listing of when the organizations are meeting and events/fundraisers for the next three months is shown below. For details on any of these meetings/events and for more specifics on Volunteer Opportunities please click on the following link Organizations News. To find out more about Leadership Troy or to join, please click on the following link About Leadership Troy.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce July 9 Michigan Wellness Council Meeting at Great Lakes Culinary Center (24101 W. 9 Mile Rd-Southfield) from 8:00 - 10:00AM. Fee.
- North Woodward Community Foundation July 14 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00 PM. To volunteer to help at the Festival go to www.troyfamilydaze.com.
Troy Chamber of Commerce July 16 Morning J.A.M. Session (Just A Minute) at Shoe Carnival in Oakland Plaza (360 John R-Troy) from 8:00 – 9:00 AM. Contact 248-641-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Free.
Friends ot Troy Seniors July 17 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 6 "Outclass the Competition: Tips on Business Etiquette and Dining with Style and Grace." at Maggiano's-Troy from 11:30AM-1:00PM. Contact 248-641-8151 or email@example.com. Fee.
- North Woodward Community Foundation August 11 Troy Family Daze Festival General Meeting at Zion Christian Church at 6:00 PM. To volunteer to help at the Festival go to www.troyfamilydaze.com.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 12 After-Hours Networking Event at Royal Park Hotel (600 E.University-Rochester) from 5:00 6:30PM. Contact 248-641-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 20 Economic Development Forum at Rehmann (1500 West Big Beaver Road-Troy) from 8:00 - 9:30AM. Chamber Members only. Free.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 21 Coffee, News and Networking at TBD from 8:45 - 10:30AM. Free.
Friends ot Troy Seniors August 21 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Leadership Troy August 27 General Meeting at North Woodward Community Foundation Office at 7:00PM
- Troy Women's Association September 9 General Meeting at TBD starting at 7:00PM.
- Friends ot Troy Seniors September 18 General Meeting at Troy Community Center (Room 301) at 1:00PM.
- Leadership Troy September 24 General Meeting at Troy City Hall at 7:00 PM.
Fund Raisers/Special Events
- Friends of Troy Seniors July 10 Summer Drop-In Ballroom Dances at Troy Community Center from 7:00 - 9:30PM. Fee. Light refreshments, coffee and soft drinks served.
- Friends of Troy Seniors August 6 Ice Cream Social at the Troy Community Center from 7:30-9:00PM. Free. Music provided by Heritage Band.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy August 11 38th Annual Golf Classic at Red Run Golf Club. Registration begins at 10:30AM. Lunch and practice time available. Noon shotgun start. Contact Donna Budzinski at 248-689-1687.
- Friends of Troy Seniors August 14 Summer Drop-In Ballroom Dances at Troy Community Center from 7:00 - 9:30PM. Fee. Light refreshments, coffee and soft drinks served.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce August 17-22 Troy Restaurants Week. Each establishment will have a special Troy Restaurant Week menu. Visit TroyRestaurantWeek.com for details.
- North Woodward Community Foundation September 11-14 Troy Family Daze Festival on grounds of Zion Christian Church (3668 Livernois). Fee. Go to www.troyfamilydaze.com to volunteer and for more info.
- Troy Youth Assistance September 14 5K Walk/Run at Boulan Park (start and finish). 7:40 1/4 Mile Run for ages 12 and under. 8:00 5K Walk and Run for all ages. Fee. Awards for all age groups. Participants 12 and get medals.
Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Troy/DashthrutheDaze. Contact: Megan Cyrulewski at either email@example.com or 248-703-4959
- Leadership Troy September 18 Deadline for submittal of nomination forms for 2014 Troy Distinguished Citizen, Troy Business Community Appreciation Award and Community Organization Volunteer of the Year.
- Troy Chamber of Commerce September 18 Troy Night on the Town at various Troy Restaurants from 5:30 - 8:00PM. Restaurants provide sampling of tasty hors d'oeuvres. Contact Jaimi Brook at 248-641-0031.
- Troy Women's Association Elf Shelf Application available for November 29 show. Go to www.troywomensassociation.org for application.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Amazon Fundraiser. Go to smile.amazon.com to show your support for the Club while you shop online!
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Each Month at Kroger's, program to raise funds using Kroger Plus Card.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Jeans Day Fundraising for Casual Friday.
- Boys & Girls Club of Troy Natural Healing Center of Troy Partnership. Offering new patient nutrition evaluations with proceeds going to the Club.
- Troy Police Department Charity Golf Outing. Portion of Proceeds go to Troy Youth Assistance August 18. at Sanctury Lake Golf Course (1450 E. South Blvd-Troy)
7:30am arrival 9:00am Shotgun start Fee. Contact Ret. Sgt. George Zielinski (248) 229-5068 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Troy Newcomers Each month cakes needed for seniors' birthday parties.
- Troy Youth Assistance Presentation of "How Smart is a Smart Phone" can be viewed on the internet at http://vimeo.com68574486.